Removing (or cancelling) Protected Registration from your domain name will enable you to complete tasks such as transferring your domain, moving your domain to another ITEGY account, or canceling your domain completely. If you bought the Privacy & Business Protection bundle for your domain, it included Protected Registration.
- Log in to your ITEGY account and open your product (Need help opening your product?)
- From the Domain Manager, select your domain name to go to the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and click the remove Protected Registration link:
- Click Remove Protected Registration.
- If you have not recently completed two-step verification, we'll send you a 6-digit verification code as part of your two-step verification process. When you receive it, enter that code and click Verify:
Note: If your two-step verification method is an authenticator app, you will need to retrieve your verification code from the app.
- You'll see: We're removing Protected Registration from your domain. This may take a few minutes.
Note: It can take up to 90 minutes for Protected Registration to be removed completely. Some features may be unavailable while this process completes.
- Not receiving your two-step verification code? Try these troubleshooting steps.
- Canceling protected registration does not cancel your domain name. See Cancel my domain for details.
- For refund eligibility, see our refund policy under Standard Refund Terms.