You can establish a more professional identity for your SmugMug site by connecting it to a domain name you register through us. Instead of entering your SmugMug URL to view your site, visitors can enter your unique domain name to view your customized photos and galleries.
- Log in to your My Products page.
- If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab.
- Next to the domain you want to use, click DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, in the Records section, locate your CNAME records under the Type column.
- Next to the CNAME record with the Name "www," click the (pencil icon).
- In the Points to field, type domains.smugmug.com.
- Click Save.
- Scroll down to the Forwarding section, and next to Domain, click Add.
Once setup is complete, visit your SmugMug account settings and input the custom domain.
- Enter your domain in the following format: www.yourdomainname.com. (For example, if you own coolexample.com, you would enter: www.coolexample.com.)
- Under Forward Type, select either Permanent (301) or Temporary (302).
- Under Settings, select Forward Only.
- Check the box for Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change.
- Click Save.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by SmugMug.