By default, your Website Builder site's web address is based on what you named it when first setting up Website Builder — with secureserversites.netadded at the end. If you want to change your website's domain (address), you have three options:
- Buy a new ITEGY domain
- Use a ITEGY domain you already own
- Use an external, non-ITEGY domain you bought from another company
- Log in to your ITEGY account and open your product. (Need help opening yourproduct?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site.
Note: If you have a Website Builder Online Store, first click Manage Store and then click Edit/Edit Site.
- Click Change at the top where your website's address appears.
- When the Domain Settings window appears, your free URL is automatically selected. To change it, make a selection from the My Domain menu.
- Click Save & Publish and skip to the last step. (If you want to use an external domain, see the next step.)
- To use an external domain (bought from another company), select Add an external domain from the My Domain menu, then click Next.
- Enter the external domain in the Domain Name field and click Save & Publish after you see the Looks good! message. (The message confirms your ownership of the domain.)
- Now log into your external domain provider's website and find where to change that domain's A record. (If you have any trouble, contact that domain provider for support.)
- Update the external domain's A record by entering the appropriate IP address below based on the area closest to your location.
|Use Nearest Server Location||Enter IP address|
|U.S. East Coast||188.8.131.52|
|U.S. West Coast||184.108.40.206|
- Log out from the other domain provider's site, switch back to Website Builder and click Save & Publish.
- If you're switching to a ITEGY domain, you'll usually see a Your site is live! notice after a few moments, and you can then click View Site to see your website with its new address.
Note: If you're switching to an external (non-ITEGY) domain, it can take up to 72 hours to take effect. It might take less time, so feel free to check occasionally by re-clicking View Site.