Changing the primary domain name on a hosting account lets you change the domain name associated with account's Web root directory.
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you already added the domain name you want to use as an Alias or Addon domain, you need to remove it first (Web & Classic / cPanel / Plesk).
- Remove any subdomains of your primary domain name before you can change it (Web & Classic / cPanel / Plesk).
- If you have an SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, you cannot change your primary hosted domain name without revoking your SSL. For more information, see Revoke a certificate.
- WordPress® installations can break when you change your primary domain. If they do, see the instructions on WordPress's site.
- Log in to your ITEGY account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Account section, next to Primary Domain, click Change.
- Select or enter the domain you want to use, and then click Change Domain.
- If the domain you are using is not in the same ITEGY account, you will need to change your domain's A record to point it to your Hosting IP Address.