Create a Managed WordPress staging site to test changes without affecting your live site.
Note:Staging sites are available if you have a Deluxe, Ultimate, Developer, or Pro Managed WordPress account. If you have a Basic account, you need to upgrade your account to use a staging site.
- Log in to your ITEGY account.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, click Manage All.
- Choose the set of instructions for the type of hosting manager you are using.
Note: If you're not sure what type of hosting manager you are using, see What type of hosting manager am I using?.
- For the site that you want to use, click Settings.
- Click the Staging tab.
- Choose from the different staging options.
- To copy your entire existing site into a staging site, select Clone production environment.
- To only copy your existing themes and plugins with no content, select Copy production theme and plugins (no content).
- After you've made your selection, click OK.
- You will now be able to view your staging site. If you receive an error, contact customer support.
- Click Settings in the site you want to make changes in.
- Click the Staging tab in the top green menu bar.
- Click the Create Staging Site button. You will then have the option to either Clone from production or Start from scratch.
- Click Create after you've made your selection.
- Your Staging Site will appear. If you don't see it or your receive an error, you'll need to try again or contact customer support.