You can use the steps below to disable your plugins from within the database. This can be helpful if you can't access your WordPress dashboard.
- Log into phpMyAdmin (cPanel / Plesk / Web Hosting / Managed WordPress).
In cPanel hosting, you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on the wp_options table.
- Locate the active_plugins entry under the option_name column. You may need to navigate beyond the first page of entries.
- Click the Edit button for that row.
- Select all of the text found in the option_value field, copy it, and paste it into a text editor.
- Once the text was copied to a safe place, you can delete it from phpMyAdmin.
- Click Go to submit the change.
You can re-enable your plugins at any time by editing the active_plugins entry again and pasting in the text you removed earlier.