You already purchased a server — now you need to set it up, which includes the administrative stuff like your username and password.
To Set Up Your Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- Log in to your ITEGY account.
- Click Servers.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- Review the End User License Agreement, and then click Accept.
- Complete the following fields:
- Enter Server Name — The server name (also known as your account name) helps you identify this account on your account list.
- Select Operating System — Choose the operating system you want to run on the server.
- Set Overage Protection — Bandwidth Overage Protection shields you from costly bandwidth overage fees by automatically suspending your account when its allotted bandwidth is exceeded. Your suspended account is reinstated at the start of your next billing cycle or when additional bandwidth is purchased.
- Enter User Name — The user name created here is the name you use to log in to your server. On Linux® servers, you cannot log in to your server as "root". If you need root access, see Switching to the Root User on Your Linux Server.
- Enter New Password — Use this password when you access your server using the User Name or when using root access.
- Confirm New Password — Confirm your password.
- Click Continue.
- Confirm your settings and then click Submit.
If you purchased FTP Backups with your server, complete the FTP Backup Login Information fields:
- FTP User Name — The user name used to access your FTP Backup account from your server
- FTP Password — Use this password when you access your FTP Backup account from your server using the FTP User Name
- Confirm FTP Password — Confirm your password
Once you click Submit, your virtual private server should be ready to use in approximately 5 hours. We'll email you once it is ready.