You can change the primary domain name on your Web & Classic Hosting account. This will change the domain name associated with your account's Web root directory.
If you have an SSL currently installed on your primary domain name, you MUSTremove the SSL
prior to changing your primary domain.
- Log in to your ITEGY account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- From the More menu, click Hosted Domains.
- Select the primary domain currently assigned to your hosting account, then click Change Primary.
Note: A star marks your current primary domain.
- Enter the new primary domain name you are changing to.
- Click OK to confirm the domain change.
Note: This process can take up to 24 hours to complete. There is no charge to change your domain name.
- To ensure your website shows up correctly online, you will also need to update DNS for your domain name.