MSSQL 2008 provides many features which are powerful in an enterprise database environment, but which either aren't applicable or which create security concerns in a shared hosting environment.
Therefore, we restrict the following:
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Replication
- Service Broker — A messaging infrastructure that is not applicable in our shared hosting environment.
- Web Services — We don't allow direct Internet connectivity to our SQL servers, per the security recommendations of Microsoft.
- Full Text Catalogs — We do not permit users to create additional full text catalogs. The system creates one for each database when it is provisioned. Users may create full text indexes.