Note:This article does not apply to Managed WordPress accounts. Managed WordPress automatically updates all URLs as needed, so there's no need to perform this manual operation.
Sometimes you need to update broken links when you change your WordPress® domain name, or move your WordPress site to a new server. If you find broken images and hyperlinks throughout your site when it's back online, you might need to clean your site of outdated link paths.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- From the Plugins menu, click Add New.
- Type Search and replace, and then click Search Plugins.
- Locate the Search and Replace plugin, and then click Install Now.
- When the plugin has installed, click Activate.
- From the Tools menu, click Search and Replace and select the Replace Domain URL tab.
- Enter your site's new URL in the Replace with field. For example, http://newdomainexample.com (no trailing slash).
- If you want to change the database prefix, check the box and add the new prefix you want to use.
- Click Do Replace Domain/Url.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.