Our Web Hosting and Plesk accounts support MVC3 applications by default, but our Classic Hosting accounts do not. For more information, see What type of hosting account do I have?
However, you can deploy ASP.NET MVC3 applications to Windows Shared Hosting accounts by copying certain assemblies to the
If you want to use an ASP.NET MVC 3 RC2 application with our Windows® Hosting accounts, you must use IIS 7 or 8, runtime version 4.0 with integrated pipeline mode, and then upload the required assembly dependencies.
To Use MVC3 Applications with Windows Hosting
- Make sure your account uses IIS 7. For more information, see Customize IIS settings.
- Follow the instructions in Changing Pipeline Mode on Your Windows IIS 7 Hosting Account. Select Integrated Pipeline Mode.
- In your Project References section, set Copy Local to True for the following assemblies:
- Add the following assemblies to your project, and then set Copy Local to True:
- Publish your application.