Website Builder offers hundreds of beautifully designed themes (sometimes called templates). You can quickly change the look of your site by switching to another theme — but you will lose all of your present site content (see warning below).
Whenever you change your website theme, all your existing text, images, and settings are removed from the site. While you can create a backup of your existing site, restoring it also reapplies your old theme.
Instead: Back up your existing site before trying out a new theme. Then hold off adding lots of new content or pages with your new theme until you can see if that theme meets your needs. If it doesn't, you can try another theme (or even restore your original) — without losing much content.
- Log in to your Website Builder account. If you're already working on the page, click the three-bar icon (Manage Settings) in top right corner, and then select Exit Designer.
Note: If you have unsaved website changes, we'll prompt you to save them before exiting the designer.
- From the Home page, click the Themes tab.
- From the Themes page, select the category for the themes you want to view, and then select a theme.
- Click Select Theme. The page loads.
- The new theme will not be used until you click Edit Site and then Publish.