You may need to install a WordPress theme through FTP. This is useful for large or custom themes.
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Navigate to the /wp-content/themes folder for your WordPress site.
- Upload your theme to this folder.
- If your theme is zipped, you will need to unzip it.(Web Hosting / cPanel / Plesk).
Note: If you do not have a way to unzip the file on your hosting account, you will need to unzip the file on your local computer, and then upload the unzipped folder of files.
- If your theme has a custom stylesheet, also known as a child theme, repeat the process for this as well.